Ace Your Competitive Exams
- Master the “big six” grammar categories
- Avoid pitfalls with word choices and idioms
- Tackle grammar problems with confidence
- Special sections on punctuation and editing tips
Power Grammar is an invaluable guide for any person who wants to master the “building blocks” of the English language, as well as take his or her spoken communication to the next level. Enjoy the benefits of your own self-paced grammar course:
- Grammar: A 100-question quiz focuses on the most useful areas of the six major grammar groups – subject-verb agreement, pronoun usage, modification, parallelism, comparisons, and verb tenses.
- Diction: A collection of 50-plus word pairings highlight differences among easily confused word choices: who or whom? … may be or maybe? … different from or different than?
- Idioms: A compilation of 200 idioms provides a convenient review of tricky grammatical phrases. Do we write prefer x to y or prefer x over y … in comparison to or in comparison with … regarded as or regarded to be?
- Review: A selection of 30 multiple-choice problems, complete with explanations and author’s notes, integrate the key concepts of grammar, diction, idioms, and style.